Friday, March 4, 2011

Rant.....ignore if you want to...

So yesterday while I was volunteering at my kids school, there was a discussion about the pee wee league football program. I was only partly paying attention because we don't participate in this activity. And the other Mom quite boldly said the big reason that this football program wasn't "growing" was because the parents were LAZY what ? I tried to be nice and let it go, but then I couldn't I looked at her and told her I took offense to that comment. We have never done it wouldn't do it but that did not make me LAZY!!!!!!
Now if you do fine for you but that's not the point the point is what an awful thing to say about other parents. We're lazy because we don't want to run our 1st grader to night practices 4 times per week, and play games on every Sunday in the fall. Excuse me we attend church and try to spend time as a family because the week is so crazy we need a day. I told her it was too time consuming and expensive and maybe not everybody wants to play football. Ever think of that? Well my dander was up not gonna lie. You can say alot about me but lazy isn't one of them and to just geralize everyone into that excuse was crazy. We allow our kids to play soccer, basketball,they do choir,band,afterschool clubs, youth group, 4-H and numerous other things don't tell me I deny them; so not true!!!! Since when do they get to do everything they want and that I'm a bad parent for not allowing them to do whatever they want. Hello if they want to do drugs we should allow it, support the habit per chance? Come on people wake up, your the parent not activities director for your childs every whim.
Ther I'm done now, i feel better. Please i meant no offense to footballl families (because we are a soccer family) just don't judge other parents choices.


Now have a great day

1 comment:

The dB family said...

:o). We're a soccer family too.

Blessings!
Deborah